Terms & Conditions
My Special Engagement Valentine’s Day Competition
Terms & Conditions – January/February 2017
• This is a free prize draw organised by Pravins Ltd, registered at Chancellors House, Brampton Lane, London, NW4 4AB. (“Pravins”).
• By entering the competition, you are agreeing to receive promotional messages from Pravins. You may unsubscribe at any time.
• By entering this prize draw, entrants confirm that they have read and fully understood these terms and agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree with any of these terms, then you should not enter this prize draw.
• This prize draw is open to residents of the UK aged 16 or over. Employees of Pravins, their agencies, their family members or anyone professionally associated with this prize draw are not eligible for entry. No purchase necessary. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties and any such entries will be invalid.
1.2. The Prize Draw
• Individuals can enter the prize draw on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• To enter on Facebook, a user most post an image of their engagement/proposal moment to the Pravins Facebook wall, accompanied by a short description of what made the moment so unique or special.
• To enter on Instagram, a user must upload an image of their engagement/proposal moment to Instagram along with a short description of what made the moment so unique or special, tagging @pravinsjewellery and #myspecialengagement in said description.
• To enter on Pinterest, a user must ‘re-pin’ a Pravins competition post, adding a short description of what made the moment
• 4 winners will be drawn by an independent judge
• 1 winner will receive £1,500 credit to spend in any Pravins store in the United Kingdom (the ‘First Prize’)
• 3 Winners will receive £150 credit to spend in any Pravins store in the United Kingdom (the ‘Runner-up Prizes’)
• Credit will be issued in the form of a Pravins Gift Voucher. Winners can either collect their voucher from their nearest Pravins boutique or chose for the gift vouchers to be sent to their address via Royal Mail recorded delivery (in this case, an address must be provided).
• The gift vouchers are not refundable or exchangeable for cash. Pravins Ltd shall not be held liable for lost, damaged or stolen gift cards. Pravins Ltd reserves the right to substitute the prize or any part of the prize (due to unavailability or for any other reason) with a different prize or part of the prize of equal monetary value.
• Vouchers can be redeemed in any Pravins boutique after 21st February 2017 as full or part payment on all full price items and special orders. Vouchers are valid for one year and will expire one year from the date of issue.
• The winner will be notified by Pravins on social media or by any other means as soon as reasonably practicable, where correct information has been supplied upon entry. If no response is received from a winner within 28 days of being notified, a new winner will be drawn and the original winner’s prize nullified.
• There is no limit on the number of entries which an individual may submit.
• Entries to either competition may be submitted at any time after 9:00am on Tuesday 31 January 2017. The closing time for entry is 9:00am on Monday 13th February 2017. A winner will be selected on Monday 13th February 2017.
• The decision of Pravins in connection with the prize draws is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• All additional costs and expenses associated with the prize (such as travel related expenses) shall be at the expense of the winner.
• Entrants must obtain all necessary consents from any relevant third parties to the use of those third parties’ images or other intellectual property rights in connection with these competitions. Entries should not feature any individual other than the entrant. Any entries which Pravins considers are offensive or defamatory will not be eligible for entry into either prize draw.
• No responsibility is taken for entries that are incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
• Pravins reserves the right to use the names of entrants and any other content provided by them for promotional purposes. Any copyright in content provided by entrants will be owned by Pravins.
• Pravins reserves the right to hold void, suspend, change, extend or cancel the promotion at any time.
10% OFF ONE LADIES WEDDING BAND WHEN YOU PURCHASE AN ENGAGEMENT RING FROM PRAVINS – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
10% saving only applies to the full retail price of one ladies wedding band when purchased in a single transaction in a Pravins boutique if a Pravins engagement ring has previously been purchased.
- This offer is valid from Friday 6th May 2016 until further notice.
- This offer can only be redeemed by clients who have purchased an engagement ring from Pravins Ltd.
- This offer applies only to wedding ring bands as defined by Pravins Ltd.
- This offer can only be redeemed once for each engagement ring purchased from Pravins Ltd.
- This offer applies to straight sales and special orders for wedding bands in specific sizes. A minimum 50% deposit must be paid at the time of order for special orders to receive the 10% saving.
- This offer is only available in our boutiques and not available for online purchases at this time.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion, or discount; including but not limited to sale items.
- This offer cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash or other vouchers.
- Pravins Ltd reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or withdraw the offer as necessary due to circumstances beyond their reasonable control.
- These offer terms and conditions together with our general terms and conditions of sale shall apply to all purchases.
- Your statutory rights are not affected.
THESE OFFERS HAVE NOW ENDED
15% OFF TWO WEDDING BANDS FROM PRAVINS – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ENGAGEMENT RING CLIENTS – ADDITIONAL COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PRAVINS SUMMER SALE – ADDITIONAL 10% OFF VOUCHER
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries regarding previous offers from Pravins Ltd.
OUR TERMS FOR SALES CONCLUDED THROUGH OUR SITE
1. These terms
1.1 What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you.
1.2 Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms or require any changes, please contact us to discuss.
2. Information about us and how to contact us
2.1 Who we are. We are PRAVINS a company registered in England and Wales. [Our company registration number is 02792406 and our registered office is at Chancellors House Brampton Lane London NW4 4AB Our registered VAT number is 626 6227 38.
2.2 How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 0845 6008699 or by writing to us at email@example.com or at Chancellors House Brampton Lane London NW4 4AB
2.3 How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
2.4 “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
3. Our contract with you
3.1 How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
3.2 If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
3.3 Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
4. Our products
4.1 Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that the display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images.
4.2 Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website.
4.3 Making sure your measurements are accurate. If we are making the product to measurements you have given us you are responsible for ensuring that these measurements are correct. You can find information and tips on how to measure on our website or by contacting us.
5. Your rights to make changes
If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (see clause 8- Your rights to end the contract).
6. Our rights to make changes
6.1 Minor changes to the products. We may change the product:
6.1.1 to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and
6.1.2 to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements. These changes will not affect your use of the product.
6.2 More significant changes to the products and these terms. In addition, as we informed you in the description of the product on our website, we may make changes to these terms or the product, but if we do so we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect and receive a refund for any products paid for but not received:
7. Providing the products
7.1 Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website.
7.2 When we will provide the products. During the order process we will let you know when we will provide the products to you.
7.3 We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
7.4 Collection by you. If you have asked to collect the products from one of our premises, you can collect them from us at any time during our shop opening hours as shown on www.pravins.co.uk.
7.5 If you are not at home when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the products cannot be posted through your letterbox, we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the products from a local depot.
7.6 If you do not re-arrange delivery. If you do not collect the products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and clause 10.2 will apply.
7.7 When you become responsible for the goods. A product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us or you collect it from us.
7.8 When you own goods. You own a product which is goods once we have received payment in full.
7.9 What will happen if you do not give required information to us. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the products to you, for example, ring size. If so, this will have been stated in the description of the products on our website. We will contact you to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract (and clause 10.2 will apply) or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for supplying the products late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
8. Your rights to end the contract
8.1 You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, and when you decide to end the contract:
8.1.1 If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 11;
8.1.2 If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 8.2;
8.1.3 If you have just changed your mind about the product, see clause 8.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods;
8.2 Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at 8.2.1 to 8.2.5 below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
8.2.1 we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to (see clause 6.2);
8.2.2 we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
8.2.3 there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
8.2.4 we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 30 days; or
8.2.5 you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
8.3 Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
8.4 When you don’t have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of:
8.4.1 special ordered large items
8.4.2 bespoke, customised, engraved or altered products.
8.5 “How long do you have to change your mind?” You have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods
9. How to end the contract with us (including if you have changed your mind)
9.1 Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
9.1.1 Phone or email. Call customer services on 0845 6008699 or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
9.1.2 Online. Complete the cancellation form provided with your order and email it to email@example.com.
9.1.3 By post. Please write to us at Chancellors House, Brampton Lane, London NW4 4AB including details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your name and address.
9.2 Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us unused and complete with all packaging and documents. You may return the goods to one of our stores or you may post them back to us at Chancellors House Brampton Lane London NW4 4AB. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the goods within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract.
9.3 When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
9.3.1 if the products are faulty or misdescribed;
9.3.2 if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
9.4 How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
9.5 Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
9.5.1 We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
9.5.2 The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
9.6 When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. Please note that your goods may need to be returned to our Head Office for inspection prior to a refund being issued. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us.
10. Our rights to end the contract
10.1 We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
10.1.1 you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products;
10.1.2 you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us;
10.2 You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 10.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you a fair proportion of the price as compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
11. If there is a problem with the product
11.1 How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can telephone our customer service team at 0845 6008699 or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chancellors House Brampton Lane London NW4 4AB. Alternatively, please speak to one of our staff in-store.
11.2 Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the product. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected life of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
· up to 30 days: if your item is faulty, then you can get a refund.
· up to six months: if your faulty item can’t be repaired or replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
· up to six years: if the item can be expected to last up to six years you may be entitled to a repair or replacement, or, if that doesn’t work, some of your money back.
11.3 Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must either return them in person to where you bought them, post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please call customer services on 0845 6008699 or by writing to us at email@example.com or Chancellors House Brampton Lane London NW4 4AB for a return label.
12. Price and payment
12.1 Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We use our best efforts to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 12.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
12.2 We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
12.3 What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product’s correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product’s correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
12.4 When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment by American Express, Visa, Mastercard, Switch and PayPal. Payment methods may vary from time to time and are stated on our website or that of our payment gateway providers. You must pay for the products before we dispatch them. We will not normally charge your credit or debit card until we dispatch the products to you.
13. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
13.1 We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen.
13.2 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products as summarised at clause 11.2.
13.3 We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
14. How we may use your personal information
14.1 How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
14.1.1 to supply the products to you;
14.1.2 to process your payment for the products; and
14.1.3 if you agreed to this during the order process, to give you information about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
14.2 We will only give your personal information to third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
15. Other important terms
15.1 We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
15.2 Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
15.3 If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
15.4 Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
15.5 Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings? These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts.